David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is excited to announce the opening of our new Southpointe office!
Situated in the heart of Canonsburg, our new location offers easy access for residents of Canonsburg and the surrounding communities. Our experienced staff is excited to open our doors, welcome new and returning patients, and provide the highest quality care.
Physical Therapy at Our New Southpointe Office in Canonsburg
Whether you’re recovering from an injury, a surgery, or dealing with a chronic condition, our experienced physical therapists can help. We offer a comprehensive range of services, including:
- - Whether you're a weekend warrior or professional athlete, and whether your sports injury is minor or major, we're here for you! We're proud to offer individualized recovery plans to all of our patients to get them back on the field, court, diamond, or track as soon as possible.
- - A 'soft tissue' injury is any injury to the muscles, tendons, or ligaments. Our therapists have extensive experience treating all types of soft tissue injuries, from simple strains to more complex injuries such as tendonitis and ligament tears. Your physical therapist will work with you to decrease pain through a combination of strategies.
- - If you're recovering from surgery, our physical therapists can help you get back to your regular activities as soon as possible. We offer a full range of post-operative physical therapy services which can help minimize scar tissue, support joint motion and function, and avoid the loss of muscle mass.
- - Physical therapy treatments are a necessary part of a joint replacement recovery, as they help people restore movement in their artificial joint; build up strength around the new joint; ease their pain and swelling; help with circulation to avoid post-op complications; and, most importantly, speed up the recovery process and help people get back to their normal routines more quickly.
- - Neurological rehabilitation and therapy is a specialized treatment method for diseases, injuries, or disorders of the nervous system. To help treat these issues, neurologic physical therapists work with patients to improve or restore their mobility, which is often negatively affected by conditions of the nervous system. There are numerous examples of potential conditions that could impair the nervous system and require specialized physical therapy, including vascular disorders, trauma, seizure disorders, degenerative disorders, and more.
- - Vestibular physical therapy helps patients suffering from damage to their vestibular system. This system is found within the inner ear, and it's necessary to help our brains process information about motion, head position, and spatial orientation. The goal of this kind of physical therapy is to have patients return to a safe and active lifestyle.
- - Anyone who drives or rides in a car is at risk of sustaining an injury that requires physical therapy to recover. Most car accidents result in a few bumps and scrapes, but more severe injuries can make a full recovery impossible without physical therapy. The most common auto injuries we see include whiplash, herniated discs, knee trauma, and fractures.
- - Unfortunately, getting injured at work just as common as it is preventable. We help our patients who have been injured on the job achieve the highest level of functional independence by improving strength, mobility, balance, and coordination. Our ultimate goal is to restore every capability and confidence to our patients when they get back on the job.
The experts at David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center are here to help you heal and get back to your regular activities as soon as possible. Speaking of our experts…
Meet Canonsburg's Top Physical Therapists
When you choose David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center, you're choosing some of the best physical therapists in the area. Our team has experience treating a wide variety of conditions, and we're passionate about helping our patients heal and return to the activities they love.
Our Canonsburg office features experts like:
Born and raised in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, Joe graduated from Upper St. Clair High School before heading to the University of Pittsburgh where he excelled on the basketball court as well as the classroom. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with two Bachelor's Degrees - one in Physical Therapy and one in Neuroscience - then went on to receive his Master's Degree in Orthopedic/Sports Physical Therapy.
Dr. David is a Board Certified Specialist in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. He holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Temple University. In 1994 he founded David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, Inc., where he and his sports medicine team offer a full range of personalized physical therapy services.
The author of numerous articles in professional journals, Dr. David also serves as a clinical advisor to both local and national health and fitness organizations and as the head basketball coach at Mt. Lebanon High School since 2001.
- Jeremy attended undergrad at Virginia Tech University. He continued his studies at the University of Pittsburgh where he graduated from their Physical Therapy school in 2017 with his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. He enjoys traveling, playing golf, exercising, and being with friends and family.
- Jonny was born and raised in the South Hills area where he graduated from Mt. Lebanon High School in 2015. Afterward, he went to the University of Kentucky where he played basketball and earned his B.S. in Kinesiology. He returned to Pittsburgh where he completed his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Pittsburgh in 2021. Jonny is now the third David son to join David Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Center.
- Justin attended undergrad at the University of South Florida, where he walked on the men’s basketball team. He continued his studies at the University of Pittsburgh where he graduated from their Physical therapy program with his Doctorate in Physical Therapy. He enjoys playing basketball, hiking, working out, and spending time with friends and family.
- Ryan is originally from New Jersey, where he attended Montclair State University where he played lacrosse and earned his B.S. in Exercise Physiology. He proceeded to earn his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Pittsburgh in 2020. Outside of work, Ryan is an avid runner that loves the outdoors, exercising, and hanging out with friends and family.
- Hannah attended Allegheny College and earned her B.S. in Biology in 2016. She proceeded to earn her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Pittsburgh in 2019. In her free time, she enjoys playing soccer, exercising, reading, and hanging out with her friends and family. A fun fact is that she is a triplet and has two sisters and they are best friends!
- Dave Farrah graduated from Marietta College in 1990 with a bachelor's degree in sports medicine and athletic training. He returned to school and received a master's degree in physical therapy from Weidner University in 1996. He has been working at David Physical Therapy for 17 years. He lives in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh with his wife Bobbie and two children Erin and Matthew. In his free time, he enjoys spending time at home with family and friends, fishing, golfing, and coaching.
Learn More About Canonsburg
There are plenty of reasons why people love to be in Canonsburg, but the city is most famous for its Fourth of July celebration. Every summer, Canonsburg is home to the second largest Independence Day parade in Pennslyvania (second only to Philadelphia), with folding chairs famously lining the parade route for many days in advance, ensuring enthusiasts get the best view possible.
Plus, Canonsburg is home to many delicious, locally-owned restaurants! , for instance, serves up some of the best 'burgh'ers you've ever had, and also regularly features local bands from the Pittsburgh area, like the (opens in a new tab)! But if you prefer sweet to savory, the is Canonsburg's go-to for satiating a sweet tooth. From cookies and seasonal treats to gorgeous, multi-tiered wedding cakes, the Bethel Bakery will have your dessert dreams covered.
Canonsburg has great ways to stay entertained, as well. Experience live theater in an intimate, 180-seat in-the-round indoor setting at the , or stay active at the . Canonsburg is also a great town for golf, being home to the , , and .
And of course, Canonsburg is also where you'll find David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center! We're proud to serve the community with expert physical therapy services, whether you're coming in for an injury, post-operative rehabilitation, or just to improve your overall fitness. No matter what your goals are, our team at David Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine Center will help you achieve them.